Despite the worldwide economic downturn since 2008, the business sector in Curacao has kept growing. This is certainly a reflection of the island’s favorable business climate, with its strong combination of general, infrastructural, legal and financial benefits.
General business benefits
- Well-known international business center
- Affluent economy, low inflation, stable currency (pegged to the US dollar)
- One of the highest standards of living in the Caribbean
- On the crossroads of major shipping routes
- The region's largest deep-water port
- State-of-the-art container transshipment terminal
- Good telecommunications infrastructure
- Full service international airport
Legal & financial benefits
- Well-developed legal and financial infrastructure.
- Close judicial and political ties with the Netherlands
- Gateway to European, American, Latin American and Caribbean markets
- The most favorable and flexible incorporation laws available in the world
- Businesses interested in asset protection, tax minimization, privacy, investment diversification, affordability and convenience can set up with ease
- Foreign land ownership is allowed and welcomed
- Foreigners and international companies can hold bank accounts in Curacao.